Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My soul glorifies the Lord!!

And Mary said:

“My soul glorifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name. Luke 1:46-49

I know this verse ultimately is Mary's Song and is speaking of her virgin pregnancy with Christ, but I have to just proclaim that this is also for us...in our day.

My soul is glorifying the Lord--today I received the wonderful news that I am cancer free. My heart rejoices in this news. I pray that as I have been walking through this battle, my words and actions have been encouraging, uplifting, glorifying to He who has done wonders in my life. I hope that others have been drawn closer to Him, have desired a relationship with Him, have witnessed the goodness and sovereign love for us that He has. I pray I have been a good witness, to anyone else that may be asked to walk through something like cancer. Knowing the Lord has many plans--I am looking forward to all He is going to work out in this.

Please be encouraged-God is for you, and if He is for you-who can be against you! In what may seem to be the worst times of your life-He has a plan, and it is for your good and His glory. You will be matured in Him-if you choose to let Him do so. You will grow closer to Him as you become weaker if you allow Him to be stronger. He longs for you dear one...let Him walk it out with you--you won't regret you dependence on Him!

No comments: