Thursday, August 7, 2008

20th Anniversary



So Shawn surprised me with what we were going to do on our special day--we went over to Skaneatles-one of the Finger Lakes. It was such a gorgeous day partly sunny and great big puffy clouds, not too hot and a nice breeze.


It took us a couple of hours to get there-because we started out going towards Buffalo on the thruway--you know your marriage is good still, when your conversation is still distracting enough to have all your husband's attention and he misses the turn. ;0) The ride was so nice out, then we were afraid we had gone too far on the thruway so we got off (what ended up being 2 exits too early) and went east on 5/20. It was quite pretty and we loved the scenery and towns we went through.


By the time we got there it was lunchtime, so we took our picnic to a bench by the lake. We just enjoyed being together, watching boats go by, people laughing and walking past us.


We spent much of the day walking around the town of Skaneatles. It is such a quaint town filled with some very beautiful buildings and lots of specialty shops. Shawn bought me a beautiful opal ring. It is an Australian opal-which is funny because I don't think I saw any that were quite this amazing over there. I just love it, and I will always remember it for our 20th.


My eyes look a bit funky here because I was trying to keep them open into the sun. But oh well, we had a fabulous time! I love my husband, and am so glad we got to spend such a great day together.

No comments: