Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The best husby evs!

This past weekend my husby surprised me with a little mini vacation. After dealing for the last 6 months with my mums declining health and recently being in PA due to mum being in the ICU, my husby decided we needed to disappear for a couple of days.

We went to a hotel for a night and just spent time together talking about everything and nothing. It was so wonderful. He knows me so well, and knew I needed this...I didn't know how much until we were gone and in the hotel. Ah, it was heaven. What a blessing to just be anonymous and not have to answer the phone. We have never gone away like that before. I mean, not frivolously, for no reason but rest...

On our trip we stopped at a moving sale, and were blessed with a few really good finds. A foot massager for Shawn (has heat) in store for $38 we got for $5-hee hee. Also, in our "window shopping" we were trying on some colognes and I loved the Dolce Gabana Blue...got that at the ms for $15- it was $80 in Macy's--love how God blesses us with wants along with needs. Lastly, we got a huge bag of quilting fabric for a fraction of its worth. I am so excited, I have started to do some quilting and hate to spend the money for retail fabric. It is so nice to be able to pick from fabric I have and not have to spend much to make something beautiful. It will be many hours of fun and probably lots of gifts for my favorite peops.

Isn't God wonderful for blessing me with such an amazing husby? Now today he has done the dishes up and is making me soup---I am sickly and he is so sweet to take care of me.

I love him so very much...God please bless him abundantly beyond anything he could hope for or imagine.

1 comment:

KT said...

so glad you were able to get away and be refreshed! love you woman!