Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Another project finished
So I finished T's spiderman quilt. The blocks have a center piece taken from a "fabric book" sold by JoAnns. It was the only spidey fabric we could find other than flannel. I have to laugh, because although we didn't find what I had in mind--God had a plan. Shawn found the panel and then the other 3 colors came together so easily. The dark color framing the panels is actually navy but looks black, I think it makes it perfectly look like a film strip. Pretty appropriate in my thinking. The center block has T's name embroidered by Joyce Blowers and then I zigzagged around the outside to mimic the other blocks.
T seemed to like it, but at 7 I understand that the erector set had more appeal. I hope he will see it someday as the labor of love that it was.
I spent the last 2 days also finishing the tablerunners I was doing in the bible study. They are completely finished-but no pics yet. Also, a friend and I had started on some door hangers for Christmas, and the season got away from us, I just finished these and honestly I think they will be table runners too. I will post them later when I get pics of those too.