Friday, May 23, 2008

Seriously a rough day

Okay so seriously, today was a rough day.

To give you the short version, I saw my PCP on Tuesday and she shared with me that a year ago during an ER visit they had found spots all through my lungs, which until Tuesday I didn't know about. So she sent me today for a chest cat scan and a stomach cat scan.

Since Tuesday, my anxiety level has been building. I'm being real here. I kept giving it to the Lord, and it kept coming back. Finally today, I had some words with the Lord. Some a little more passionate than others. Please God, are you serious, one more thing? How much more can I take... I am not the only one who thinks such things right?

Anticipating drinking lots of very horrible stuff, I totally forgot about having to get an IV. Well, as a gb patient, right now I am in a perpetual state of near dehydration, I just can't seem to get enough fluids in. I had my blood drawn this morning and it was less than fun, let me share with you. So, I had some righteous anxiety about the IV. Five incredibly painful sticks, pokes and jabs later, I had an iv in. I cried so hardthe one nurse gave up and called in his supervisor.
The horrible stuff (dye) wasn't so bad to drink, although she gave me a quart size, I could only get down about a cup. Thank you all for praying that it wouldn't be too bad, it wasn't.
I won't get the results probably for a couple of weeks. Thank you for continued prayer. Can't tell you what it means to me.

2 comments:

KT said...

So sorry Vic, I'll continue to pray!

Deanna @ oneagleswings said...

Hi Vic! I'm coming out of lurkdom to let you know that I found your blog! I've been reading for a little while now and decided to let you know that I'm here. I'm reading and I'm praying. :) What a stressful thing to go through. I'm so sorry. Please keep updating.