Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another Dr's appointment

So I had another doctor appointment today, this one was a monthly checkup with the surgeon (actually his physicians assistant) It went well, blood pressure was great, no new meds and I have officially lost 35lbs since the surgery date of March 31st. Wahoo! That makes 53lbs since July when I started this whole process. I feel so much better. I have been walking, and I just ordered off ebay, some old aerobics videos. No laughing people, but I have always enjoyed Richard Simmons in small doses. A half hour doesn't seem too long to groove to the oldies. Anyway, everything else I looked at were high impact aerobics or tae bo. This body ain't ready for tae bo yet, no way no how.


Now I can eat anything I want to try. So tonight I celebrated with a 2" piece of a blue cheesesteak sub, and a 1" X 2" piece of buff chick pizza. Both from Quida's and well worth every morsel. I did have an incredible fit of hiccups afterward, and ridicule from Shawn for them. But no feeling sick or anything afterward. Now lest you think I will make a habit of eating greasy food, think otherwise please. I had a desire to eat something celebratory, so we did. I have had some wise people say to me that if I deny everything, all I will do is crave it. So, we went.


I will also say, I have been having a great time learning to cook differently with no fat or certainly low fat ingredients. I like when Shawn says he can't tell a taste difference, even if it has no added fat. There are a lot of ingredients out there that we typically don't even realize how much fat is added- thankfully there are low fat options too. Maybe I will start to put some recipes on.


I will say, it is fun being a shrinking woman. I put a work shirt on yesterday-expecting it to be tight as usual, and it didn't even touch my sides. I had a good 4" of extra space in there. I know it may seem silly to some, but it was a "yahoo Lord", kind of moment for me. I just have so much to thank him for.
Here are some pictures to show my progression. The first is in July 2007 just as I was starting, Second is May 2008 1 month after surgery, the last is June 2, 2008, 2 months after surgery. Maybe my doing this will be an encouragement to someone else. Bless you guys for reading.

No comments: